Fall is the best time of year. It brings
2) The much underrated color, orange.
3) General coziness.
4) Coziness meaning laziness.
5) Scary movies.
6) Okay, only a certain level of scary movies.
7) Like, my best friend loves Rob Zombie and his wife and would marry them both in a blood-soaked, human-sacrificial ceremony if the law permitted, but I can’t deal with him or his films because he pretty much recreates my nightmares on screen.
8) So when I say scary movies, I mean thrillers and the classics like Psycho or Halloween (which, let’s be real, is the best horror film of all time).
9) Or I also love that real kitschy shit like Pet Semetary 2 and Tales From the Darkside.
10) Okay, goddamn Gina, focus.
11) What I started this post to say was I love Autumn because it’s amazing for a lot of reasons but this year is going to be especially wonderful because of the amount of gigantic books coming out. After 10ish years, Jonathan Safran Foer has a new novel. Zadie Smith is going to be back in the game. Ian McEwan is gracing us with his presence. Maria Semple is serving up something new. And to top it all off, Bryan Cranston and Anna Kendrick are giving us mere mortals a glimpse into their lives.
12) So basically, I’m gonna John Milton-it and read myself blind.
13) Which could in and of itself be a horror movie, if not a really, really boring one.